Brief Highlights – Peering at the Edge
Through a peering exchange, Alef routes traffic requests intelligently to application and video streaming servers at a Metro edge location. The result is end users experience increased video resolution, better data throughput and an increase in frames per second delivered.
Also, applications that are peered locally at major traffic points such as the Hypercloud companies see a boost in performance Alef Boost thus provides an increase in end user satisfaction due to better application performance and an optimized video experience.
A reduction of 20ms RTT through Alef Boost helps deliver the following:
- An increase in Video Resolution by up by 27%, resulting in superior viewing experience and customer stickiness.
- Higher data throughput by up to 62% resulting in increased video size within the same time frame thereby improving the user experience exponentially.
- Improvement in the quality of user experience by increasing the frames per second of the video delivered.
- Seamlessly smoothens the effect of Network Variance on user experience.
- AlefEdge increases the network throughput and network efficiency by over 48% through the reduction in RTT and application of algorithmic optimization for traffic handling.